Wednesday, January 18, 2017

December 18, 2017 The House that Cards Built Photo Inspiration




January is well over the half way mark - and although we did not have snow this past weekend but we have a beautiful ICE storm.  Thankfully there was no downed power lines - we did hear some trees in our woods falling but all in all it was just a good weekend to stay inside.

When I saw our photo/color inspiration for this challenge I already had it planned in my mind - I absolutely love 10600 HOLY CRAP sheet.  I recommend to get the entire sheeet as it has so many fun sayings - I keep this set close by as my go to set.

I used the outhouse as my focal image and then built my scene around the outhouse.  Trees are from Tim Holtz, small individual trees are from Memory Box and the hill side mounds are from AMuse Studio.  Some white pen - stickles, and pop dots completed my scene.  I need several January cards and I'm thinking this will be made more than once this month.

Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the photo inspiration/colors and enter it in The House that Stamps Built challenge   
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions.  
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
    
Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti

9 comments:

Diane said...

Great card! It is a perfect January card for birthdays. That was my sentiments exactly when it was my birthday this month! LOL!

loz said...

I LOVE this card and sentiment Shirley. it gave me a good laugh..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

Ha Ha - love this. Great use of the photo inspiration!

Cheri said...

Shirley, this rocks!! I love that half fold..what a unique and interesting card that makes. Fabulous!!!

Patti J said...

Look at you! This is flippin' amazing! Great job, dear friend!!! Love it!

Cheryl W said...

Awesome card! It will definitely make the recipient smile.

joy said...

Thanks for showing how you finished the inside/ funny card- put a smile on my face!

Donna said...

What a fun card and fabulous winter scene! Like the way your card opens.

Heather said...

Very fun! Love how it opens. And your glittery trees are fabulous!