Monday, August 07, 2017

August 7, 2017 POTW - Bandana Technique

This is my week over at The House that Stamps Built it is my turn to do the Project of the Week.  I choose to do the Bandana Technique.

This is an oldie and I had not made one in several years - but I remember when they were popular and fun to make.  Reminds me of the bandana handkerchief my hubby usually has in his back pocket.  He uses his for a sweat band, neck cooler in hot weather, and a handkerchief in cold weather.  


Your supplies will be:  Card stock - base cardstock A2 size, and  one color to stamp on which needs to be a dark color, red, purple, dk. green, blue etc. and a layering colors, Versafine black Ink, ribbon, stylus, white acrylic paint and a small plate or container to pour some white pain into.  And your stamps.  I used:

Stamp images in black Versafine ink using firm pressure to get good image, just stamp randomly so that it is pleasing to the eye.  


Using either end of stylus - (or toothpick, empty ballpoint pen etc) tip  of stylus in white paint acrylic paint and add white dots, again random so that it is pleasing to the eye.  I have two different sizes of stylus so I was able to make varying sizes of dots.  


You can do as much or as little as you like and if you wish do some random dots between images.  



Finish card as you wish - the solid flower images work so well with this technique but I also found that the open small leaves worked well.  Have fun.


6 comments:

Diane said...

Interesting technique! I have never seen that before, and it looks like fun. I love the card you made, and it definitely does look like a bandana.

Pam Sparks said...

WOW! This is so fun Shirley! Love it!

loz said...

It is Gorgeous Shirley. i have never heard of this technique but it looks great..Loz

Cheryl W said...

So pretty! Love the addition of those white dots. They add tremendous dimension and eye-catching appeal!

Donna said...

Fabulous card and tutorial Shirley!

Patti J said...

Love this, Shirley! What a fun technique, and one I never remember to use! Perfection...!